When using thedolites and robotic total stations
- the prism can always be aligned accurately with the measuring instrument
- the prism can be turned in a radius of 180°, making it possible to use the same survey point from different directions
- bridges, façades and many other structures can be monitored even more quickly and precisely
- several prisms can be combined with one another due to the integrated connector system, making it possible to survey from different directions without having to turn the prism – see examples
When using robotic total stations
- permanent settling measurements can be carried out during the building work
- settling measurements are possible on railway tracks while under the load of rail traffic
When using mini prisms RSMP380 in the ATR mode ranges of
600 metres to 700 metres are obtained.
The ranges are dependent on the device and can be adversely affected by weather and environmental conditions.
When sighting measuring points that are already known, with robotic total stations it is possible to achieve ranges of up to 1000 m. Depending on the focus, ranges of approx. 200 m are achieved for measurements in manual mode.
RSMP380 with 25.4 mm mini prism: offset: -16.9 (minus 16.9), height of tilting axis: 30 mm
RSMP380-RC (Red plastic casing with copper prism)
RSMP380-RS (Red plastic casing with silver prism)
These prisms can be fixed to a marking plate RSFP-X80G that can then almost any substrate using RSMK-FIX adhesive